Public Beta Version is Available

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2008 at 1:05 AM
Edited Aug 22, 2008 at 1:06 AM
The newest version of QuoteAdvantage is ready for public evaluation. This update includes:

- Added Microsoft CRM 4.0 compatibility
- Added support for nested child products
- Added support for multi-select child product categories with checkboxes instead of radio buttons
- Added new Default Selection feature for automatically adding child products
- Made QuoteAdvantage window resizeable
- Update to make the category tree list remember the previous selection
- Performance improvement when adding and removing products
- Improved installer to allow proper merging of changes to isv.config file
- Minor bug fixes

If you are interested in testing the new version, please send email to: info@callistosystems.com

Sep 3, 2008 at 5:26 PM
I tried to install QuoteAdvantage 5.0 BETA on our VM version of CRM 4.0 and it would not install saying it could not find CRM.    Is this possibily because we are experimenting with Multi-tenant or is it best not to install QuoteAdvantage in a VM?   

I was thinking of just doing a "self-install" by manually putting the pieces where they belong.   

Any disadvantages of doing that?

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2008 at 5:39 PM
Hello,

Testing on a virtual machine is definitely a good idea. Your issue may be related to multi-tenancy (that hasn't been tested yet).

Hopefully, I can help you work through this. What is the URL for your CRM server on the VM? There might be something unusual about the server location that is preventing the installer from connecting to it automatically.

Tim
Sep 3, 2008 at 6:16 PM
Edited Sep 3, 2008 at 6:33 PM

I am using the stock VM from Microsoft and it came with CRM 4 running on port 5555.   I changed it to port 80 and still got the same results as well as shut down all the other web sites that came with the install.  

So now, the URL is real simple :

//<servername> for the default org  and //<servername>/<org> for the 2nd org

Sep 3, 2008 at 6:18 PM
Edited Sep 3, 2008 at 6:29 PM

Also it’s Small Business Server and I verified it was in the right directory structure for SBS 2003.

Sep 5, 2008 at 2:45 PM
One thing I have noticed in working with the software is that the columns with numbers and dollars are left justified.  They need to be right justified.  Small issue.
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2008 at 12:52 AM

Here are a couple of notes on how these issues were resolved:

1. The right justification display issue with the prices is fixed in the newest beta version

2. If the CRM server has been moved to a new URL (or port number), then the following registry key has to be modified to reflect the new location:
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM\ServerUrl

Microsoft CRM sets this key when it is first installed. The QuoteAdvantage installer requires this key to be up-to-date in order to locate the CRM web service.

3. The QuoteAdvantage installer automatically defines several new CRM database fields that begin with the letters "qadv_". These fields are added to the ProductDetail business object.  In a multi-tenancy scenario where there is more than one database, you will need to manually re-create the "qadv_" fields in any additional databasees that are being referenced.

Please send email to support@errorfreeorders.com if you have questions or need additional clarification about any these issues.

Tim

Jun 29, 2011 at 3:25 AM

Hi there. Its a while since the last post on here..

My organisation is using CRM 4.0 and I have been testing that QuoteAdvantage meets our requirements.  One of these is that it will still function in CRM 2011, and if not whether there will be support in the future, as we are not immediately planning to upgrade.

Can you provide me with any guidance on this?

Many thanks

Laura

Coordinator
Jul 1, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Hi Laura,

Unfortunately, I have been side-tracked by several other projects. QuoteAdvantage is untested for CRM 2011, so I can't really comment. For the most part, the project is on hold until without contributions from other volunteers.  Please let me know if you have a chance to experiment with CRM 2011.

Tim