Custom code

Sep 5, 2008 at 3:26 PM
I am working on making so code changes.  I am coding a way to add a product based on another product (by using the product number) and the results of a couple of drop down fields.  I know you can add child products, but I need it to choose one product over the other based on a drop down field on the main quote form.

This stems from us offering a basic and premium maintenance.  The sales person will select on the main page if they want basic, premium or no maintenance.  They will also select the number of years for the maintenance.  So, I will choose which product based on the type of maintenance.  I will also set the quantity based on the number of years times the quantity of parent product sold.  The fun part is that some of our products come with 1 year of basic maintenance included, but if they want premium they pay a prorated amount.

Has anyone else run into this?  If so, how did you solve it?  If you have the same issue, but not yet figured it out, I will keep you up to date as to how I am doing with the changes.